We frequently have a variety of volunteer and internship opportunities available. We aim to find opportunities that meet both the volunteer’s skills, interests, and academic or professional goals as well as our organization’s current needs. Creative, curious, and culturally-sensitive individuals are encouraged to get involved.
There are a number of ways to get involved with and support the Fresh Start Farms producers:
- Shop at our farm stands to support food security in low-income neighborhoods, or visit other farmers’ markets featuring Fresh Start Farms vendors to support the farmers’ businesses.
- Become a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) member as an individual, a family, or with your workplace or other organization and receive fresh, local, healthy produce weekly.
- Join our newsletter by emailing email@example.com to receive unique recipes, information about specialty crops important to many refugee and immigrant communities, news about the farmers, and other updates from the farm.
- Volunteer! We have a number of volunteer opportunities available depending on the season, our needs, and your passions and skills. If you are interested in volunteering,please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Opportunities could include:
- Working at the farm in Dunbarton and assisting farmers with harvesting, preparing for CSA and markets, weeding, infrastructure development, or other needed tasks
- Helping to create and/or distribute marketing materials
- Spread the Word! The most effective way to grow CSA membership and our farmers market customer-base is by word of mouth!