Community Supported Agriculture (CSA)
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA)
How does it work?
CSA members can sign up for a single or family share for the summer, fall, or full season. Members then receive a weekly share of the farm’s bounty, delivered to your chosen weekly pickup site.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP ONLINE AT OUR NEW WEBSITE And pay with pay-pal, credit or debit!
CLICK HERE TO PRINT A PRINTABLE APPLICATION AND MAIL IT TO US!
Checks or money orders are payable to ORIS/Fresh Start Farms.
Single Share feeds 1-2 people……………7-9 items, about ½ bushel of produce per week
Family Share feeds up to 4 people………11-13 items and greater quantities, about 1 bushel of produce per week
Full Season: 18 weeks (2017: June 10th-October 14th 2017)
Summer Season: 12 weeks (2017: June 10th-Sept. 2nd 2017)
Autumn Season: 6 weeks (2017: Sept. 3rd-October 14th 2017)
$380 Full Season (18 wks)
$260 Summer (12 wks)
$130 Autumn (6 wks)
$650 Full Season (18 wks)
$440 Summer (12 wks)
$220 Autumn (6 wks)
*Installment payment plans are available.
Half-cost SNAP/EBT shares are available at Manchester pickup locations with the Granite State Market Match. SNAP/EBT payment options are bi-weekly throughout the season.
Where is my pickup site?
Bedford Farmers Market: Tuesdays 3-6pm
Concord, at the gardens: Please contact to arrange weekly pick-up
Derry Farmers Market: Wednesdays 3-7pm
Dunbarton, at the farm: Please contact to arrange weekly pick-up
Goffstown, Apotheca Tea Shoppe: Fridays 12pm-3pm
Londonderry, High School: Wednesdays 4:30pm-5:30pm
Manchester Community Market, Victory Park: Thursdays 3-6:30pm
Manchester, Dartmouth-Hitchcock: Fridays 4-6pm
Manchester, Elmwood Gardens: Mondays 12-2:30pm
Manchester, Lafayette Park (in back of CMC): Wednesdays 3-6 pm
Manchester, Kalivas Park (Lake Ave./Chestnut/Spruce): Tuesdays 2:30-5:30pm
Merrimack Farmers Market: Wednesdays 3-6pm
Nashua, Dartmouth-Hitchcock: Fridays 4-6pm
Nashua Farmers Market: Sundays 10am-2pm
Seacoast Community Marketplace: Saturdays 10am-2pm
Salem Farmers’ Market: Sundays 10am-2pm
Will you deliver to me?
We will happily deliver to your workplace, place of worship, or any other community gathering space if there is a group interest! A minimum of 5 shares are needed for delivery in Manchester and surrounding towns (within ~15 mi. radius from Manchester). A minimum of 10 shares are needed for delivery to the NH Seacoast area.
We are happy to send you promotional materials, come to your site to give an informational presentation, or hold a sign-up day!
Please contact us to arrange the details!
What should I expect?
Shares will vary each week depending on seasonal availability of crops. We strive to provide the best variety possible with a combination of local favorites as well as occasional “specialty ethnic crops” to try. As a CSA customer, you will receive unique recipes, cooking and preservation tips, and updates about the farm and farmers.
Below is a general guide of when common items are available:
Why Should I Join Fresh Start Farms’ CSA?
- Directly support local refugees as they grow their farm businesses and become integral to their new communities
- Have rewarding, intercultural opportunities to connect with and learn from individuals with diverse backgrounds
- Know the farmers and the farm practices where your food is coming from
- Get the freshest produce of the harvest!
- Per dollar, CSA is less costly than retail farmers’ market prices.
- Enjoy nutritious, fresh and local produce as an individual or to share with your family, friends, and neighbors
- Join with your workplace or community organization to support healthy lifestyles and social consciousness
- Support the local economy by keeping dollars in NH
- Be a part of the local agriculture movement and strengthen NH’s local food system
- Significantly reduce your carbon footprint and the amount of fossil fuels used to bring food to your table, including transportation costs
At Fresh Start Farms, we understand that summertime is vacation time! If you plan on being away, please give us a three-day advance notice and we’ll give you a vacation credit to use at any of the Fresh Start Farms market stands, or to purchase a bulk order (1 credit= $20 for single share; $35 for family share). Two vacation credits are available and can only be redeemed during the 2017 season. Vouchers are emailed upon request. Credits are not refundable. So go ahead and enjoy the sunshine! Your farm-fresh produce will be here when you want it!