For the first time Fresh Start Farms is proud to announce our new Beef CSA Add-On featuring local Miles Smith Farm, pasture-raised beef. Being an add-on of your core produce CSA, the same payment terms and options apply as those defined for our CSA shares including paying in installments and SNAP/EBT payment!
- Each package contains approximately 3 lbs. of steaks and mixed cuts, 1 lb. of sausage, and 3 lbs. of ground beef.
- A Single Share consists of one 10 lbs. package weekly, recommended for two people.
- The Family Share consists of two 10 lbs. packages weekly, recommended for four or more people.
Pick Up at this site ONLY:
- Eileen Phinney Multicultural Center, 521 Maple Street Wednesdays 4 – 7pm
Beef Add-On CSA Registration Form
Fresh Start Farms and The Organization for Refugee and Immigrant Success and Fresh Start Farms are committed to increasing access to fresh nutritional foods for refugees, low income families, and community. Here are some of the ways we fed our community in 2012:
- 40 participants – from Bhutan, Somalia, Congo and Burundi accessed land at one of the ORIS’ two incubator farms, increasing their families’ food security.
- 25 growers sold produce under the Fresh Start Farms collective in 2012, through Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) Farmers Markets, and Wholesale outlets.
- Fresh Start Farms producers donated 8,000 lbs. of food to the NH Food Bank in 2012.
- 20 refugee farmers delivered over $3,000 of fresh produce for distribution to 180 low-income senior citizens through the Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program.
- ORIS became an authorized Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) vendor in 2012, enabling customers to purchase local produce at the Manchester Farmers Market using their food stamp benefits. Total redemption for this program equaled $7,238, paid out to 20 Manchester Farmers Market vendors, including Fresh Start Farms producers.
- Fresh Start Farms participated in the Manchester VA Medical Center’s Free Farmers Markets, providing fresh food to veterans.
Join our efforts in combating hunger. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Join Fresh Start Farms, at 5 Story Hill Rd. Dunbarton, NH, on Saturday August 25th from 12:00-2:00 pm.
- Meet the growers, staff and volunteers that make up the Fresh Start Farms team
- Tour the seven acre farm with Farm Production Specialist, Anthony Munene
- Taste traditional Somali, Bhutanese, and Congolese cuisine, featuring in-season produce from our farm!
- Enjoy a day at the farm, as we celebrate community built around local food.
The Fall Share of our CSA starts next week! If you would like to sign up, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (603) 296-0443. You are sure to enjoy your weekly delivery of our fresh, local produce!
Thank you to our wonderful CSA members and supporters! Please note that CSA pick ups start this week! Following is the schedule:
- SNHS (Southern New Hampshire Services), 9 Crystal Avenue, Fridays, 4-7 pm
- Eileen Phinney Multicultural Center, 521 Maple Street, Manchester, Wednesdays, 4-7 pm
- South Church UU, 292 State Street, downtown Portsmouth, Sundays, 9 am-noon
“An increased emphasis on regional food systems will have direct and significant benefits to rural communities. Increased economic activity in food-related sectors of the economy helps communities build and maintain prosperity. Building on the foundation established [by Congress] in the 2008 Farm Bill, USDA will work closely with all its strategic partners…to develop and revitalize the critical infrastructure for vibrant regional food systems.”- Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack, 2010, in his five-year strategic plan for USDA
Read and/or listen to the NHPR feature story on Fresh Start Farms, Refugees Start Fresh on the Farm.
Treat yourself to a weekly delivery of fresh, local produce by becoming a member of Fresh Start Farms’ CSA. Pick up sites include Derry, Manchester and Portsmouth. Or, delivery to your chosen site with a minimum purchase of 10 shares.
Fresh Start Farms is hosting a benefit night at Flatbread in Portsmouth on Tuesday, May 29, 2012 from 5 pm-9 pm. A portion of sales of all flatbread, whether you are dining in or taking out, will go towards Fresh Start Farms. The funds will be used specifically to provide incentives in the form of coupons for low-income SNAP customers to be able to purchase fresh, nutritious produce at farm stands and farmer’s markets using their EBT cards.
So, come out and enjoy a delicious flatbread! Also, enter our raffle that night for a CSA sampler pack. Flatbread is located at 130 Congress Street in downtown Portsmouth.